For this assignment, you will be writing an analytical paper that analyzes Isaiah Berlinâ€™s conception of freedom (both positiveand negative) in the content of ONEof the works we have studied in the class so far. You will also need to employ close reading skills from that text to support your discussion of freedom.
- – Explain Berlinâ€™s concept of freedom. Use both direct quotes and paraphrase to ensure a faithfulrendition of his idea of negative/positive freedom (and document the source in MLA format).
- – Apply those concepts to the text of your choice, by making an argumentusing major plotmoments, images, or concepts from the work.
- – Select a couple of relevant portions of the text that illustrate the case you are making and performclose reading analysis on those quotations to prove your argument.The goal of this assignment is to engage with the literary text using Isaiah Berlinâ€™s Two Concepts of Libertyas a tool, in order to develop a thorough argument. (Course Objectives 1, 2, 4)Close Reading:Close reading is a standard beginning technique for a variety of literary analysis. It requires the reader to read the texts carefully and thoroughly. Use the following steps as a guide for your close reading analysis:
- Read and reread the text several times
- Carefully note the diction (word choice).
- Look for images and symbols/metaphors. Relate them with each other.
- Look for elements of language and style.
- Examine the tone, speaker (narrator), theme, setting and point of view.
- Are there any paradoxes? Ambiguities? Tensions? Ironies? Or conflicts?
- Finally, put all the clues (elements), which helped in developing the text, in front of you.Re-associate them with the complexities of the whole text. Explain the textâ€™s meaning in a coherent argument.
Requirements:Texts: Isaiah Berlinâ€™s Two Concepts of LibertyandBetween the World and Me, The Tempest, A Tempest, Candide, Robinson Crusoe, orâ€œThe Grand Inquisitorâ€ (Frederick Douglass will be available for Essay 2 – but notEssay 1)
4 full pages (no less than 4 pages but no more than 5 full pages – anything less will be marked down).
MLA (including a Works Cited Page at the end. NOTE: No Outside Sources Allowed)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.