Application: Family-Based Interventions
Family-based interventions can be particularly effective in substance abuse counseling. Not only do they address many of the roles and dynamics that have helped to perpetuate the abuse and/or addiction, they provide a stark dose of reality to the substance abuser who has avoided facing the family members emotionally affected by the abuse. For this Application assignment, you will design a family-based intervention for a case study and consider the legal and ethical issues that may arise when implementing it.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, focusing on the roles and dynamics of family members.
- Reflect on the applications of various family-based interventions.
- Review the following case study: Julie
- Think about intervention techniques that would be effective for the family in the case study.
- Consider any legal and ethical issues in implementing a family-based intervention for the family in the study.
The assignment: (1-2 pages)
- Briefly describe the roles of each family member in the case study as well as the specific attributes and dynamics of the family system.
- Describe a specific family-based intervention that you would use to address substance abuse and/or addiction in this family.
- Explain why you selected this intervention and how you predict it might impact each of the family members in the case study.
- Describe any legal or ethical considerations that may arise out of implementing an intervention with this family.
Support your Application assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.