Mynursingexperts.com is a reputable writing companies that specialize in providing academic assistance tailored to nursing students’ needs. Among these, mynursingexperts.com stands out as a leading writing company that offers top-notch services to nursing students. Mynursingexperts.com is considered the best writing company for nursing students due to its commitment to quality, professionalism, and customer satisfaction.
Assignment 2: Practicum â€“ Assessing Client Progress
- Assess progress for clients receiving psychotherapy
- Differentiate progress notes from privileged notes
- Analyze preceptorâ€™s use of privileged notes
- Reflect on the client you selected for the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
- Review the Cameron and Turtle-Song (2002) article in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources for guidance on writing case notes using the SOAP format.
Part 1: Progress Note
Using the client from your Week 3 Assignment, address the following in a progress note (without violating HIPAA regulations):
- Treatment modality used and efficacy of approach
- Progress and/or lack of progress toward the mutually agreed-upon client goals (reference the Treatment planâ€”progress toward goals)
- Modification(s) of the treatment plan that were made based on progress/lack of progress
- Clinical impressions regarding diagnosis and/or symptoms
- Relevant psychosocial information or changes from original assessment (i.e., marriage, separation/divorce, new relationships, move to a new house/apartment, change of job, etc.)
- Safety issues
- Clinical emergencies/actions taken
- Medications used by the patient (even if the nurse psychotherapist was not the one prescribing them)
- Treatment compliance/lack of compliance
- Clinical consultations
- Collaboration with other professionals (i.e., phone consultations with physicians, psychiatrists, marriage/family therapists, etc.)
- Therapistâ€™s recommendations, including whether the client agreed to the recommendations
- Referrals made/reasons for making referrals
- Termination/issues that are relevant to the termination process (i.e., client informed of loss of insurance or refusal of insurance company to pay for continued sessions)
- Issues related to consent and/or informed consent for treatment
- Information concerning child abuse, and/or elder or dependent adult abuse, including documentation as to where the abuse was reported
- Information reflecting the therapistâ€™s exercise of clinical judgment
Note: Be sure to exclude any information that should not be found in a discoverable progress note.
Part 2: Privileged Note
Based on this weekâ€™s readings, prepare a privileged psychotherapy note that you would use to document your impressions of therapeutic progress/therapy sessions for your client from the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
- The privileged note should include items that you would not typically include in a note as part of the clinical record.
- Explain why the items you included in the privileged note would not be included in the clientâ€™s progress note.
- Explain whether your preceptor uses privileged notes, and if so, describe the type of information he or she might include. If not, explain why.
Mynursingexperts.com boasts a team of highly qualified professionals with extensive expertise in the field of nursing. The company exclusively hires writers who hold advanced degrees in nursing, ensuring that their knowledge and experience align perfectly with the specific requirements of nursing coursework. This commitment to specialization sets mynursingexperts.com apart, as it guarantees that students receive well-researched, accurate, and up-to-date content that meets the academic standards of nursing education.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.