Assignment #2 –( 3 to 4 pages)
- Using the Social Identity Profile, select 3 identities under the social identity list that you consider have had the strongest effect on how you see yourself as a person. , (Gender, Sex, Race, etc.)For each of the three identities you have selected, go to your Facebook, Instagram, or other social media page and capture three posts that support each identity.Take a screen shot of the post, and explain why you posted it, and how other’s reacted to it.Identify others as either friend or family. [If you do not have any posts, you can create three posts on your social media page, as you need one post for each identity.You also need to capture the comments of others so make sure that others see your post]
- Did they support or challenge the post?
- Did the feedback you received change your perspective about your identity?
- Read the paper on the Jackson and Hardiman Model of Social Identity Development which has been emailed to you and answer the following questions.
- Looking at your current identity, would you consider yourself a target (dominate)or an agent? (You only have to answer one of these questions)
- If you are a target, describe how you have accepted your identity (Stage 2) with respect to any of the three identities you identified in question #1.
- If you are a dominant, describe instances of you experiencing the benefits of being dominate with respect to any of the identities you identified in question #1.,
- With respect to Stage II, Resistance, as either a dominate) or a target (please specify), and with respect to the any one of the three identities you selected in question #1, answer the following questions:
- How has anger helped you to enter or remain in the resistance stage?
- Describe the new understanding with respect to your refusal to accept your identity as it currently stands.
- Are there any dominates or targets in your close circle of friends or family that have not supported your resistance? If so, describe their actions or language in that addresses your resistance.
- Research Jackson and Hardiman Model of Social Identity and find 5 articles that discuss this model.
- Prepare an annotated bibliography for the articles
- Bring the bibliography to class
Annotated Bibliography Example:
Annotated Bibliography Example (APA Annotation)
Ehrenreich, B. (2001). Nickel and dimed: On (not) getting by in America. New York: Henry Holt and Company.
This book by Ehrenreich is a nonfiction work that includes a lot of her own experiential research. The goal of the research was simple: to determine whether it’s currently possible to live on a minimum wage in the United States. To prove her point, Ehrenreich describes her experiences as a Walmart sales employee, a maid working for a cleaning service, and a waitress.
The author offers a complete insight into her methods and experiences. She admits that even though her research has generated results, the possibilities of such research are still limited and not all-encompassing when it comes to the economic situation in America. Still, the book gives a good portrayal of the rising cost of living in the US and is based on excellent research.
The first half of the annotation summarizes the book, touching upon its principles and directions of the research. The second half offers a general assessment of the work without assessing the way it potentially benefits the author’s own research.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.