Assignment 3: Project Performance
Due Week 6 and worth 230 points
Build on the project from Assignment 2. This assignment consists of two (2) sections:
You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Section 1: MS Project Exercise
Update the project schedule in MS Project to account for the following changes:
1. Develop a network schedule for your project using either the arrow diagramming method or the precedence method. Also, your project schedule should illustrate float/slack for each activity.
Section 2: Project Performance Paper
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
2. Summarize your project. Note: Your summary should include, but not be limited to, the project’s key objectives, projected costs and resources, and high-level timeline.
3. Create a responsibility assignment matrix (RAM) for your project, and justify your response.
4. Outline the network schedule for your project. Include a narrative description of your network schedule.
5. Analyze the critical path of your project, and discuss the total float in the project. Next, suggest the primary measures that you would use in order to manage the critical path and reduce the float in the project.
6. Identify and discuss at least one (1) best practice from the PMBOK textbook for each process group that you would apply in order to manage the project schedule. Justify your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.