By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria (Religious Tradition):
- Competency 1: Describe the historical development of the humanities from the pre-historic era to the present.
- Describe the historical origins of selected religious traditions.
- Explain how selected religious traditions continue to influence contemporary life.
- Competency 2: Examine the forms of expression that instantiate the arts and humanities.
- Assess the role of ritual in expressing religious traditions.
- Competency 3: Integrate the humanities with everyday life.
- Explain the transformative role of religious values in personal and professional life.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in forms appropriate to the humanities.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Select two of the major religious traditions studied in this unit of the course textbook Landmarks in Humanities (4th ed) Gloria K Fiero, Chapter 1.”Origins: The First Civilizations,” pages 26–30, Chapter 2, “Classicism: The Greek Legacy,” pages 45–51, Chapter 4, “Revelation: The Flowering of World Religions”: Read pages 94–106, pages 107–113, pages 113–117, pages 118–120. pages 121–123. Summarize the key features of each and contrast them with each other and with the Greek philosophical tradition. Write an essay in which you answer the following:
- What sensations, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors are expressed in religious rituals?
- How have religious traditions survived from their historical origins down to the present day?
- What social and cultural differences make it difficult for people from distinct traditions to relate to each other productively?
- What power do these approaches have to transform individual lives?
Your essay may well include reflection on the role of religious traditions in your own life, but please take care to develop your analysis of the issues independently of your own convictions.
Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
Length: 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.