*****ORIGINAL WORK ONLY PLEASE. NO PLAGIARISM. YOUR WORK WILL BE CHECK FOR AUTHENTICITY AND QUALITY OF WORK. NO GRAMMATICAL ERRORS OR POOR WRITING SKILLS.*****
PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED COURSE MATERIAL TO PROPERLY COMPLETE THIS TASK
Project 3: Internal Environmental Analysis Assignment
Outcomes Met With This Project:
- utilize a set of useful analytical skills, tools, and techniques for analyzing a company strategically;
- integrate ideas, concepts, and theories from previously taken functional courses including, accounting, finance, market, business and human resource management;
- analyze and synthesize strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to generate, prioritize, and implement alternative strategies in order to revise a current plan or write a new plan and present a strategic plan.
Step 1: Specific Company for All Four Projects
- The company Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC must be used for this project. After reading the course material and research, you will complete the steps below.
Step 2: Course Material and Research
- Although you are required to research information about the focal company and the external environment for this project, you must use the course material to support the ideas, reasoning and conclusions made. Course material use goes beyond defining terms but is used to explain the ‘why and how’ of a situation. Using one or two in-text citations from the course material and then relying on Internet source material is not allowed. A variety of source material is expected and what is presented must be relevant and applicable to the topic being discussed. Avoid merely making statements but close the loop of the discussion by explaining how something happens or why something happens, which focuses on importance and impact. In closing the loop, you will demonstrate the ability to think clearly and rationally showing an understanding of the logical connections between the ideas presented from the research, the course material and the question(s) being asked.
Note: This report is based on the results of the research performed and not on any prepared documentation. What this means is that you will research and draw your own conclusions that are supported by the research and the course material rather than the use any source material that puts together any of the tools or techniques whether from the Internet, for-pay websites or any pre-prepared document, video or source material.
The analysis is based on research and not opinion. You are not making recommendations and you will not attempt to position the focal company in a better or worse light than other companies within the industry merely because you are completing an analysis on this particular company. The analysis must be based on factual information. Any conclusions drawn have to be based on factual information rather than leaps of faith.
To ensure success, as stated above you are expected to use the course material and research on Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC’s focal global industry and the focal company. It is necessary to provide explanations (the why and how) rather than making statements. Avoid stringing one citation after another as doing so does not show detailed explanations.
You may also use Market Line and should be looking at the focal company’s Annual Report or 10K report. You are not depending on any one resource to complete the analysis. It is impossible to complete a Porterâ€™s Five Forces, competitive analysis or OT by using only course material.
You should not be using obscure articles, GlassDoor, or Chron or similar articles.
Research for Financial Analysis: Financial Research (see attached document Financial Research (1))
Research for Industry Analysis CSI Market
Scholarly Research in OneSearch is allowed.
To search for only scholarly resources, you are expected to place a check mark in the space for “Scholarly journals only” before clicking search.
- Chapter 9: Executing Strategy through Organizational Design
Step 3: How to Set Up the Report
Use this template to complete the project: Project 3 Template (see attached BUS 000 Project Template 3). The document has to be written in Word. No other format is acceptable. Use 12-point font for a double-spaced report. The final product cannot be longer than 16 pages in length, which includes all tables and matrices but excludes the title page and reference page. Do no use an Appendix. Those items identified in the technical analysis should appear under the appropriate heading in the paper. It is important to format the tables/matrices to fit the report and to present the analysis in a clear concise manner.
Title page with title, your name, the course number, the instructor’s name;
Step 4: Strategic Role of Corporate Strengths/Weaknesses in the Internal Strategy Analysis
There are three levels of strategy: corporate level strategy, business level strategy and functional level strategy. Corporate level strategies are related to businesses or markets the focal company successfully can compete within. Corporate level strategies affect the entire organization and are formulated by top management using input from middle and lower management. Decision making about corporate level strategies are considered complex, affect the entire company and relate to an organizationâ€™s resource capabilities. Corporate level strategies align with an organizationâ€™s mission statement and ideally are designed around goals and objectives.
Perform an analysis on:
- Corporate-level strategies
- Create a partial SWOT table and performs a SW analysis and discuss the strategic inferences/implications (Discuss what strategies would allow the company to capitalize on its major strengths and what strategies would allow the company to improve upon its major weaknesses.)
- Create an IFE matrix analysis. Make sure to explain how the matrix was developed and discuss the strategic inferences/implications
- Develop a Grand Strategy Matrix. Make sure to explain how the matrix was developed and discuss the strategic inferences/implications at a corporate level and business-unit-level.
Step 5: Strategic Role of Internal Resources/Departments/Processes
Perform an analysis on:
- Business-level strategies
- Evaluate the company’s product line, target market
- Identify and explain business-level strategies
- Functional-level strategies
- Assess the company’s organizational structure, the organizational culture, marketing production, operations, finance and accounting, and R&D that can be accomplished by viewing the company’s website, interviews, and surveys.
- Explain how these strategies align with the company’s vision and mission statements.
Step 6: Strategic Financial Analysis for the Last Reported Fiscal Year
- Use the company’s income statement and balance sheet to calculate no less than a total of ten (10) key financial ratios to the business that are relevant to the focal company. There must be a mix of four different key categories inclusive of the leverage, liquidity, profitability, and efficiency ratios so that the ratios do not all come from the same category. The specific ratios selection must come from the following categories.
- Leverage Ratios (Long term debt ratio, Total debt ratio, Debt-to-equity ratio, Times interest earned ratio, and Cash coverage ratio).
- Liquidity Ratios (Net working capital to total assets ratio, current ratio, quick ratio, and cash ratio)
- Efficiency Ratios (Asset turnover ratio, Average collection period, Inventory turnover ratio, and Days sales outstanding)
- Profitability Ratios (Net profit margin, Return on assets, and Return on equity)
- The selection of the ratios has to be relevant to the focal company so it is important to choose wisely.
- Quote industry financial average ratios that correlate to the 10 financial ratios selected for the focal company. You may find the industry averages by going to the library. If you are unable to find on your own, reach out to the librarian as these resources are readily available.
- Discuss the corporate financial standing based on a financial ratio analysis. Include whether the company’s financial ratio is a strength, a weakness or a neutral factor.
Note: If copied directly from the Internet, a zero will be assigned. When placing any table or figure in a table, it must be explained in detail.
Step 7: Composite Analysis
A composite analysis is one in which you will bring in a combination of relevant factors from the various analyses (EFE Matrix, IFE matrix, CPM matrix, SWOT, Grand Strategy Matrix and QSPM). The QSPM is a tool that helps determine the relative attractiveness of feasible alternative strategies based on the external and internal key success factors.
- Develop a Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) analysis. Make sure to discuss how the matrix was developed and discuss the strategic inferences/implications.
- Develop a composite analysis on internal factor strategy analysis based on the qualitative and quantitative analytical outcomes from those steps above.
Report Requirements to Follow
In writing the report,
- Use the grading rubric while completing the project to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing).
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so do not use them.
- No direct quotes except for mission statement and vision statement. For all other source material used in the analysis, you will not use direct quotation marks but will instead paraphrase. What this means is that you will put the ideas of an author or article into your own words rather than lifting directly from a source document. You may not use more than four consecutive words from a source document, as doing so would require direct quotation marks. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
- Use in-text citations and provide a reference list that contains the reference associated with each in-text citation.
- You may not use books in completing this project.
- Provide the page or paragraph number in every in-text citation presented.
- You may not use Fern Fort University, Ibis World or any other for-fee website.
Please check your work against the attached rubric to ensure you are meeting and exceeding task requirements.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.