Module Application Assignment: Identity Formation
You have a substantial application assignment for this module due Day 7 of Week 5. Please begin working on this paper now so that you can give it appropriate time and attention. Note that students often attend Pre-Practicum, celebrate holidays, and take personal vacations during this time; plan accordingly and start this assignment early so that you have time to attend to this important paper.
As infants grow from toddlers to preschoolers, parents and primary caregivers have the greatest impact on identity and self-concept. As a child reaches elementary school, environmental influences outside the family system begin to exert their effect. Throughout early development into adolescence, many factors, including parenting styles, attachment to caregivers, peer influences, and external environmental forces both directly and indirectly shape and mold the developing self. These influences can have a lasting effect well into adulthood.
- Review the Learning Resources for Weeks 1â€“5
- Consider the factors that impact identity and self-concept in childhood and early adolescence.
- Using the Walden Library, locate 2â€“4 recent (5 years or less) peer-reviewed articles about influences on identity development in childhood and adolescence.
- Complete either the Adult Attachment Survey (AAS) or the Five Factor Personality Test (FFPT) found in the Week 3 Learning Resources. Please note that these surveys are for your personal use to support this assignment. They are not clinical assessments to be used with clients.
- Download the assignment template in the Week 3 Learning Resources.
Submit by Day 7 of Week 5 a 4- to 6-page paper in which you:
- Explain how the foundation of identity and self-concept is formed from childhood through adolescence. Include considerations for parenting, attachment, culture, peers, and other environmental influences.
- Briefly share the outcome of your chosen assessment (one paragraph or less).
- Discuss how your own early influences have impacted your current identity.
- Justify your key points with specific references to the moduleâ€™s assigned Learning Resources and 2â€“4 peer-reviewed articles from the past 5 years.
- Use the template provided to outline and develop your application.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.