The Final Paper must be 8 to 10 pages (not including title and reference pages) and should demonstrate an understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, your own research, and the application of new knowledge. It must include citations and references for six to eight sources; one may be the text, at least four must be from the ProQuest, EBSCOhost, or PubMed Central databases in the Ashford University Library, and the remaining sources must be from other scholarly or professional Internet resources.
For the Final Paper, you will:
• Choose one of the complementary and alternative medicines (CAM) systems studied in the course, provide a brief discussion of the protocols, and provide details of historical events that shaped the practice.
• Identify a chronic disease or condition and describe the disease or condition from the CAM perspective.
• Include potential cultural challenges faced by the afflicted patient population as well as the practitioner.
• Describe how the CAM practitioner diagnoses and treats the condition.
• Identify potential questions or skepticisms other health care providers and potential clientele may have regarding the CAM selected, and address the questions, supporting your responses with a minimum of two sources of research for the health condition and system chosen.
• Identify and substantively describe a minimum of two other CAM practice interventions that could be suggested to assist in minimizing the impact of the illness/condition. Justify implementation of the two interventions you are recommending.