Your Role: You are a new Organizational Behavior Consultant who has been studying how individuals and groups of employees act in the workplace. You have been hired by this client to improve in house relationships and productivity.
In answering the questions below, you will show how skilled you are in observing, analyzing and suggesting workplace improvements, which can help this client enhance employee productivity and the organization’s overall performance. Do not focus only on the what for each question … but also on the why for each aspect of your diagnosis, and on the how for each step of your action plan.
Answers should based on textbook and own working experience.
A. Diagnosis: How did Rinaldi get into this mess?
1. What is Follet’s contribution? What is going on with her?
2. What is Vaughan’s contribution? What is going on with him?
3. What is Rinaldi’s contribution?
4. Why is Rinaldi behaving this way?
5. Did Rinaldi deserve the performance appraisal from Follet?
6. How would you describe Rinaldi’s emotional intelligence?
7. What are Rinaldi’s sources of conflict? Why do they exist?
8. What were the critical events or “choice points” Rinaldi encountered over her six months at Potomac Waters?
9. What could Rinaldi have done differently?
B. Action Planning: What Should Rinaldi Do Now?
10. Should she try to salvage her situation or decide to leave Potomac Waters?
11. If she decides to stay, what should she do about her relationship with Follet?
12. If she decides to stay, what should she do about her relationship with Vaughan?
13. If she decides to stay, what should she do about her relationship with Berman?
14. If she decides to stay, what should she do about her relationship with Bautista?
15. If she decides to leave, what lessons will she have learned from this experience?