- Review this week’s Learning Resources on CDS systems, EBP, and clinical guidelines. Focus on the Hammond, Jaffe, and Kush article, “Healthcare Standards Development: The Value of Nurturing Collaboration” and consider how CDS systems could be used to achieve integration of standards, guidelines, and EBP within your specialization area.
- Identify at least two databases that can be considered “gold standards” for current research and EBP recommendations within your specialization area.
- Identify at least two condition-specific clinical guidelines that are applicable to your specialization area. One possible resource for locating clinical guidelines is http://www.guidelines.gov
- Consider how the databases and guidelines you identified could be integrated into a CDS system. For example, would you recommend an alert system, a side panel within an electronic health record (EHR) system, a separate computer or device for health care professionals to consult at their discretion, or an alternative system?
- Reflect on the benefits and disadvantages of the type of CDS system you selected to integrate your EBP databases and clinical guidelines.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Identify the two databases you selected as “gold standards” for EBP within your specialization area. Justify your selections.
- Identify the two condition-specific clinical guidelines you selected, and explain their significance within your specialization area.
- Explain how the databases and guidelines you identified could be integrated into a CDS system. Describe the type of system you would recommend, and justify your recommendation.
- Identify at least two benefits and at least two challenges of the CDS system you recommended.
Cite at least three references using APA style.
1. Bredemeyer, J., & Androwich, I. (2012). Transitional research: Generating evidence for practice. In D. McGonigle & K. G. Mastrian (Eds.), Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (pp. 471–485). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
2. McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2015). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
3. Brokel, J. M. (2009). Infusing clinical decision support interventions into electronic health records. Urologic Nursing, 29(5), 345–352.
4. Glaser, J. (2008). Clinical decision support: The power behind the electronic health record. Healthcare Financial Management, 62(7), 46–48, 50–51.
5. Kesselheim, A. S., Cressweel, K., Phansalkar, S., Bates, D. W., & Shiekh, A. (2011). Clinical decision support systems could be modified to reduce “alert fatigue” while still minimizing the risk of litigation. Health Affairs, 30(12), 2310–2317.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.