This module discussed the many components of the U.S. Health Care Delivery System. It is complex, and many people do not understand all the components or how they work together to provide health care and promote positive health outcomes.
For this assignment, I would like you to imagine you have been asked to create a presentation for a community meeting to explain the types of health care services provided through outpatient, hospital, and long-term care providers. For instructions on how your presentation should be developed, click here for the Community Presentation Assignment Guidelines
Submit the assignment before midnight on Sunday. Name the file: HSA3104_PPT_Brown.pptx
1. You may use PowerPoint, Prezi, or other presentation software of your choosing. The one requirement is that I need to be able to review it without installing software on my computer. Before beginning this assignment, review the HSA PowerPoint Tools located in the Course Resources module.
2. This is to be a 15 minute presentation including the following:
3. Presentation should be 12 to 16 slides (not including title or references slides).
4. Use in-text citations for outside sources used on each slide where the audience may see the source.
5. Avoid full sentences and paragraphs. Use key bulleted phrases on the slide. The audience is better able to process the information.
6. Provide additional details [Required] about the information to be discussed during the presentation without making the slide too busy. If the software permits (i.e., PowerPoint) use the notes section to provide additional details. Otherwise, submit a separate document with your notes.
7. Do not use information taken directly from the source (i.e., no quotes).
8. Provide at least three scholarly references in addition to the textbook (cite on slide and reference at the end). Wikipedia, WebMD, Answers.com, and About.com are not acceptable resources.
9. Include at least four relevant images and appropriate citations, if necessary (i.e., if they are not free ClipArt).
10. Review the HSA Assignment Grading Rubric (20 points). Note: I will provide the rubric because it does not paste easily into PowerPoint.
11. Save your presentation as hsa3104_pp_Brown
12. Upload to the Module 3: Health Care Delivery System Components Dropbox as an attachment by Sunday before midnight EST.