***complete the worksheet*****
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines
· Make sure you find clear definitions for each key term in the questions before you write your answer. You will lose points for showing an inaccurate understanding of the key terms.
You should use the textbook / research articles to learn the meaning of the following terms:
· Pharmacological Effect
· Physiological Effect
· Neurological Effect
· Psychological Effect
· Process Addictions
· Substance Use Disorders
· History of Addictions Issues
· Multidisciplinary Teams
Also, be sure to complete the chart at the end with SPECIFIC Theories mentioned in the textbook. DO NOT simply list “Psychological theory” and “Biological Theory.”
Also, make sure the theories / models you choose are actually what they are supposed to represent (i.e., psychological or biological).
NOTE: You are given a list of models / theories to fill in the chart. Choose CORRECT models. NOT ALL OF THEM ARE CORRECT. They are in the list to make sure you completed your reading thoroughly.
You need 3 Scholarly Resources not counting the textbook and websites for this assignment to award you full points as well.
EVERY SINGLE QUESTION NEEDS SCHOLARLY SUPPORT
CNL-501: Topic 1 Addiction Worksheet
Part One Directions: Provide short answers of 100-250 words each for the following questions/statements. Include at least three scholarly resources beyond the course textbook in your response and listed as a reference at the bottom of the worksheet.
1. Define the following types of biological effects in the context of substance use disorder treatment.
2. Select two substances from the following and describe at least two common pharmacological and physiological effect of each (100-250 words each).
· Another DSM Substance Use Disorder of your choice
3. What is a process addiction? What is a substance use disorder? How are the two similar and how are they different?
4. How would a counselor establish a treatment relationship to work with a client with a substance use disorder or process addiction?
5. Briefly explain the history of substance abuse treatment in the United States over the past 100 years. How did the early practices differ from what is being done today?
6. Briefly describe the development of interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary teams in regards to the treatment of addictions.
Part Two Directions: Select one psychological and one biological theory/model from the list below and add them to the chart. Include a brief description of the model as well as the similarities and differences of the selected models.
|12-Step Model||Developmental Model|
|Family Disease||Learning Models|
|Neurobiological Model||Public Health Model|
|Behavioral Models||Disease Model|
|Healing Model||Moral Model|
|Personality Models||Stage of Change Model|
|Cognitive-Behavioral Model||Family Systems|
|Genetic Model||Multicausal Model|
|Psychodynamic Model||Subcultural Models|
|Psychological Theory/Model||Biological Theory/Model|
|Brief Description (25-50 words)||Brief Description (25-50 words)|
© 2017. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
© 2018. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.