Critically consider how this aspiration of service user involvement and collaboration/co-production can be facilitated in the practice area of your choice. Your essay should explicitly link this philosophical approach to your personal experiences
Component A: The 2,500 word assignment
Introduction (250 words approx.)
Critical overview of the personal recovery philosophy (750 words approx.)
• Historical context to the development of mental health service provision in 21st Century
• The evidence challenging and supporting traditional medical/biological views of mental illness
• The political and personal power of lived experience
• Personal versus Clinical recovery
• Ethical considerations, including capacity issues, collaborative versus coercive care
Application to the area of your choice (500 words approx.)
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of this collaborative philosophy in this area?
• What does the literature say and how does that relate to your personal experience?
• How might this influence and affect the role of the mental health nurse?