The field of nursing has changed over time. In a 750‐1,000 word paper, discuss nursing practice today by addressing the following:
1. Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual.
2. Compare and contrast the differentiated practice competencies between an associate and baccalaureate education in nursing. Explain how scope of practice changes between an associate and baccalaureate nurse.
3. Identify a patient care situation and describe how nursing care, or approaches to decision‐making, differ between the BSN‐prepared nurse and the ADN nurse.
4. Discuss the significance of applying evidence‐based practice to nursing care and explain how the academic preparation of the RN‐BSN nurse supports its application.
5. Discuss how nurses today communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and how this supports safer and more effective patient outcomes.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
RUBIC: An explanation of how nursing practice has changed over time is presented. How scope of practice and approach to treating the individual have changed over time is discussed. Minor detail is needed for clarity. The explanation is accurate and cap
|A thorough explanation of how nursing practice has changed over time is presented. How scope of practice and approach to treating the individual have changed over time is discussed in detail. An insightful account of the evolution of nursing practice and its influence on scope of practice and patient care is presented.|
|A comparison of the differentiated practice competencies of the ADN and BSN is clearly presented. Differences between ADN and BSN scope of practice are described in detail. The narrative demonstrates a strong understanding of differentiated competencies and scope of practice for the ADN and BSN.|
|Relevant patient care situation is thoroughly described. The differences in approach to nursing care and scope of practice based upon ADN and BSN education are described in detail. Narrative demonstrates insight into patient care, decision making, and differing approaches between ADN and BSN.|
|A discussion of the significance of evidence-based practice to nursing care and how the BSN supports the application of evidence-based practice is thoroughly presented. Strong evidence and rationale is provided to support claims.|
|A detailed discussion of how nurses today communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, and how this supports safer and more effective patient outcomes, is clearly presented. The discussion is well supported and strongly illustrates the importance of working with interdisciplinary teams.|
|Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.|
|Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.|
|Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.|
|Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.|