In physics, energy is defined as the ability to do work. When most people think of energy, they think of electricity. The energy that is used to produce electricity is derived from a number of resources. Much of the energy used today is obtained from fossil fuels. However, these resources are limited. As a result, alternative and renewable resources are being explored for production of electricity.
Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, respond to the following:
- Discuss the scientific and technical concepts related to the uses of fossil fuels and renewable energy resources.
- Consider how fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and natural gas are utilized for production of electricity.
- Consider how alternative and renewable resources such as wind turbines, hydroelectric power, wave power, and geothermal energy are utilized to either produce electrical energy or provide an alternative to electricity consumption.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages related to both fossil fuels and renewable energy resources such as wind power, hydroelectricity, geothermal energy, and biomass.
- Consider issues such as availability of the resource, sustainability of the technology, and environmental impact.
- Provide 2–3 examples of the uses of both types of energy resources that are utilized in your community.
Support your statements with examples. Provide a minimum of three scholarly references.
Write your initial response in 2–3 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.