Looking for appropriate career options includes performing a self-assessment, networking, and sending numerous job applications. Your goal is to be offered an interview with a targeted employer. Once you get an invitation, prepare in detail to succeed in the interview.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- View the interactive media titled “Succeeding in an Interview” in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the “Interviewing” web page at the Walden Career Services website in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the PowerPoint presentation titled “E-Presentations” in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Select one of the five jobs you identified in Week 5 Assignment 2.
- Research your selected company. Focus on items such as the company mission, vision, products, place in the market, and any other information that will demonstrate that you are serious about working with them.
- Create a 5- to 10-minute narrated PowerPoint presentation that includes the following items:
- A brief introduction to the company and the position for which you are applying
- A description of the type of interview you will be having with the company and how you plan to prepare for the interview
- At least five interview questions from the Career Services website listing of
“traditional interview questions”
Tell me about yourself.
- Briefly explain your educational and professional background relevant to the position. You may also illustrate two or three professional accomplishments
Why are you interested in this position?
- Do substantial research so that you can make a convincing case for your interest in this employer and position.
Why should I hire you over other candidates?
- Summarize three relevant qualifications that make you stand out from the crowd
What is your major strength/weakness?
- Typically, a desirable job is one that plays to your major strength and doesn’t often test your major weakness. Share a weakness that is not detrimental to successfully carrying out the job, and state how you’ve improved in that area (e.g., through taking courses or joining Toastmasters). If your major weakness will be tested quite often in this job, you may want to consider whether it’s the right opportunity.
How do you cope with working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines?
- State the best way you diffuse stress and manage your time.
- List each question on a separate slide.
- Include narrated answers to each question. This is an opportunity to role play the interview.
- Create one additional behavior-based question to end the interview. (Note: Behavioral-based interview questions indicate how the interviewee acted in specific employment-related situations in the past. The interviewer wants to know how you handled a situation, instead of what you might do in the future.)
At least one additional slide that describes what you plan to do after the interview.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.