Psychology 2314 Student Learning Outcomes Essay
1. Use the Vaughn Library as a repository of our web resources for students to find to complete this assignment. http://libguides.tjc.edu/psychology (Links to an external site.)
2. Students in Lifespan Development courses will write a 2 page essay to compare the divorce rates in 3 different countries. You are to discuss the different reasons for divorce such as age of marriage, whether marriage is arranged or free to marry whomever they want, what differences are between developed and undeveloped countries (use percentages), educational levels in the 3 countries, what the chosen country’s religious views are, 2nd and 3rd divorce rates and other topics as needed.
3. For your conclusion , you are to imagine yourself as a counselor or social worker and come up with ideas and initiatives as to how to deal with divorce and perhaps help couples avoid this phenomenon.
4. Pick 3 countries from the following list for the divorce statistics as well as any other accompanying facts that might be related. The countries to choose from are: United States, Canada, Japan, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Italy.
From that data, you will need to create two bar charts. The first should compare the total populations of the three countries you chose. The second should compare the rates of alcoholism in the same three countries. In the chart comparing alcoholism rates, you MUST use percentages so you are comparing to apples to apples. If you don’t find data already in percentages, computing a percentage is fairly straightforward: Number of people with alcoholism in the country, divided by the total number of people, multiplied by 100.
PLEASE USE PERCENTAGES for this data reporting!
5. The final page should be a Reference page. Total assignment should be 4 pages.
6. Make sure you double space the paper, use 1 inch margins, and a 12 point font. Also use spell check and grammar check or use the Pearson Writing software to check your paper before turning it in.
7. Do NOT copy and paste in this paper. Use your own words. If you want to quote a small portion, you may do so, but be sure to reference this on the Reference page.
How to create a Bar Chart–
How to Do a Bar Chart: You MUST have Microsoft Word (if you do not, then go to a TJC computer that does). Create a NEW document, then click on “Insert” –3rd tab from the left–Then click on “Chart”–it will give you several options–click on “Bar” and just use the first one on the left. You will then load in your variables (on the left side of the excel spreadsheet) and the numbers that go with each variable. Name your bar chart at the top.
You can also use Excel or Google Sheets to create your bar chart, if you know how to use it.