Chapter 11 of the course textbook covers cultural, cognitive, personality, and identity issues of the developmental stage of emerging adulthood, as does this week’s required article by Smith-Osborne (2007), which presents a historical perspective on two developmental theories, with a focus on resiliency theory.
In your initial post to this discussion, address each of the following items:
- Identify and cite two peer-reviewed articles that analyze similar issues or cases relating to emerging adulthood from the perspectives of lifespan theory and resiliency theory, respectively.
- Briefly summarize the theses, methods, and results of each study, identifying the similarities and difference between the two approaches.
- Assess the relative strength and shortcomings of the resiliency theory approach vis a vis a lifespan theory approach with reference to specific cases or examples.
- Reflect on what the two studies reveal about the cognitive and personality issues of emerging adulthood discussed in your articles.
- Week 4 Journal:
For this journal assignment, reflect on the substance and theoretical foundation of what you have learned this week about psychosexual, moral, emotional, and personality development. Then write a reflective essay that addresses the following:
- Comment on how this week’s learning and materials compliment, oppose, and/or affect change in your positions and attitudes on the relevant subject matter.
- From this reflection, formulate and articulate three pieces of advice you would offer to a young client or acquaintance who is having difficulties facing these challenging stages and transitions.
- How will the recommendations you offered help to ensure successful development along these lines?
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"