This project will be a 6–8 page paper
in APA format. You will select a famous person (by reading a biography
or viewing a movie) to complete a case study and a diagnosis. The person
can be a historical or present-day figure of significance (e.g., has
contributed to entertainment, science, industry, politics), or a
fictitious character, such as Forest Gump or Anakin Skywalker.
This assignment in no way suggests that you have the education or
training to complete such a task in the real world. Moreover, it does
not imply that your chosen person truly has the diagnosis and/or has
consented to treatment. Therefore, you must write a disclaimer at the
beginning of your paper to demonstrate an awareness of ethical
practice. You must also base your diagnosis on information from the
course readings and materials in addition to professional resources from
the UMGC library.
Please provide the following in your paper:
- Cover sheet: Provide the ethical disclaimer here.
- Background information: Give the background
information of your subject (age, culture, gender, history, etc.)
Discuss relevant socio-cultural aspects of his or her life—for example,
possible historical influences (e.g., World War II). Discuss these with a
focus on etiology.
- Diagnostic information: Provide a possible
diagnosis, framed against the diagnostic possibilities from the course
readings. Use books, journals, and the International Classification of
Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10) for reference, to help you build your
diagnostic summary. Explain signs and symptoms identified and their
coherency with the person’s context (physiology, risk factors). Discuss
bias, assumptions, confounds, and other considerations sound clinical
diagnostic practices require.
- Compare and contrast of at least two theoretical orientations:
Find at least two empirical supports for your diagnosis that pull from
different theoretical orientations. Evaluate the diagnostic value
(e.g., applicability, empirical strengths) of each within the context of
your diagnosis. (Empirical supports must come from professional
journals from the UMGC library).
- Summary and conclusions: Here, provide a synthesis of data and your conclusions based on a close analysis of the case.
Your paper should be written as a coherent essay. You may include
additional insights in your analysis, but you must address these key
Prepare your Famous Person Diagnostic Paper according to the following guidelines:
- Structure your paper utilizing APA style; this includes title
page, headers, subheadings, in-text citations, reference page, and
general paper format (1-inch margins, double-spaced, 12-point font,
etc.). An abstract is not required.
- Submit as a single document in either Microsoft Word, PDF, or RTF format.
- Your final Famous Person Diagnostic Paper should be approximately 6
to 8 pages (excluding title page, cover page, and reference page):
- Title page (do not count page towards paper length requirement)
- Cover sheet (This is Page 2 of your document and will stand
alone, with the ethical disclaimer typed at the top of the page. Do not
count this page towards paper length requirement).
- Body of paper (6 to 8 pages)
- Reference page (do not count page towards paper length requirement)
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"