GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
Create a 10–12-slide PowerPoint presentation that communicates a leadership plan to address financial gaps within your organization.
Questions to Consider:
- What leadership strengths could you utilize to address the task of motivating your team to engage in meeting financial targets?
- What organizations are you aware of that can help you improve your financial skill sets?
Read the requirements for each part carefully.
Part 1: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a PowerPoint presentation you could present to internal executive stakeholders. The presentation needs to briefly and succinctly communicate your leadership plan to address financial gaps you have identified within your department.
Organize your PowerPoint slides in a way that makes sense for your organization. Be sure your slides include the following elements:
- An overview of the environmental analysis from Assessment 1, with a financial focus.
- The two identified financial targets for your department, along with the performance indicators and measurements.
- A gap analysis of financial targets versus YTD performance or goal attainment. Include your observations, trends, and insights.
- An evidence-based leadership plan to address the identified gaps.
- Analyze the organizational culture and strategic direction, along with strategies for leading your departmental team that consider your strengths and are supported by credible professional resources. You may include team incentives such as profit sharing, or other benefits (tuition reimbursement, seminars, software, HFMA memberships, and other incentives) to motivate your team.
- Include your leadership style, the method that you use or will use with your team, and inclusion of evidence-based leadership approaches.
You may choose to organize your slides in the following fashion:
- Cover slide: Topic, course, your name, name of the organization this would be for, and date.
- Objective: For example: “Leadership plan to support goal attainment of organizational targets.” Customize to fit your needs.
- Environmental Analysis (1–3 slides): SWOT analysis from Assessment 1 along with a PEST analysis – 3–5 bullet points with salient, high-impact, relevant points.
- Organizational Directive: Your two identified financial targets, along with performance indicators and measures.
- Gap Analysis: Actual versus target variance, followed by your observations and insights (3–4 bullet points).
- Leadership Plan (2–4 slides): 2–4 evidence-based recommendations, including your strategies for leading your team; your leadership approach; and methods, metrics, insights, and observations.
- References: Include authoritative sources only. Use numbered footnotes in your slides. Follow APA format for references.
- Other: You may choose to add graphics and special effects, but these additions will not have any impact on your evaluation, positive or negative.
Part 2: Audio Recording
Use Kaltura or another technology to record a narrated presentation of the main points. Before you begin recording, you may find it beneficial to write a script or detailed outline that you can refer to as you record. Keep in mind that you will typically have no more than 10 minutes to present your PowerPoint and answer questions. The presentation you record should not be longer than 10–15 minutes.
Include the notes or script of your audio recording. You may choose to include this in the form of the completed Notes section of the PowerPoint presentation slides, as a script you may have used when you created your recording, or in the form of a detailed outline. This will serve to clarify any insufficient or unclear audio, or if you cannot complete the audio recording. Note: If your notes or script are not included in the PowerPoint presentation, please include them in a separate document along with the other presentation elements.
Health Care Finance
- Rubino, L. G., Esparza, S. J., & Chassiakos, Y. S. R. (2014). New leadership for today’s health care professionals: Concepts and cases. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. Available from the bookstore.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.