Please complete, and upload to the eLearning dropbox by 11:59pm on the due date.
Bring a copy to your interteach class period (laptop or paper copy – no phones).
1. Define psychology.
2. Describe the contributions of the following psychologists:
a. Wilheim Wundt
b. William James
c. Edward Titchener
3. Describe the following areas of psychology:
4. What’s the difference between a clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist?
5. Describe the psychoanalytic/psychodynamic perspective of psychology.
6. Summarize Freud’s Stages of Psychosexual Development
7. Identify the defense mechanism in each of the following examples:
a. Someone witnesses a brutal crime and then forgets the details.
b. A highly aggressive person insists that other people are highly aggressive.
c. A highly aggressive person joins an organization devoted to preventing violent actions.
d. After receiving a low grade on an exam, Phil slams the door as he leaves the classroom.
e. George feels that his younger son, Gary, is unattractive and not very smart. He accuses his wife of picking on Gary and favoring their other son.
f. After Sue Ann’s baby brother was born, she began to talk baby-talk and to suck her thumb like she did when she was younger.
g. Sixteen-year-old Tom had started using drugs, and the changes in his behavior made it pretty obvious, but Tom’s parents didn’t believe the school principal when she called to talk with them about the problem.
8. Give an example of the Barnum Effect.
9. What are the pros and cons of standardized versus projective personality tests?