Using an assessment tool to diagnose a mental disorder is very useful. Many scales exist for nearly every disorder. It is important, however, to find one that has been tested for reliability and validity. The Cronbach’s alpha score is often used in research to determine the reliability of a measurement. In the field of social work, a reliable assessment tool should have a Cronbach’s alpha score of at least 0.80.
To prepare for your Group Wiki, read the Wiki Assignment Instructions document in the resources. Then visit the group wiki thread to which you are assigned. Search the literature for evidence-based assessment tools. Finally, review the diagnostic criteria for your group’s assigned mental disorder.
For this Assignment, collaborate with your group to write a 500- to 750-word wiki, being sure to use proper APA format for any citations.
Your wiki should include the following items for your group’s assigned mental disorder: F40.00 Agoraphobia
· Identification of two target behaviors and/or symptoms
· An explanation of an evidence-based assessment tool that would assist you in your diagnoses and treatment
· An explanation of how the assessment tool is administered
· An explanation of the reliability and validity of this tool
· Identification of other populations for which this tool has been implemented
References (use 3 or more)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
· “Anxiety Disorders” (pp. 189–223)
· “Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders” (pp. 235–264)
Olatunji, B. O., Cisler, J. M., & Tolin, D. F. (2007). Quality of life in the anxiety disorders: A meta-analytic review. Clinical Psychology Review, 27(5), 572–581.
As an astute social worker and professional policy advocate, once you have selected a social problem, you begin the process of creating and implementing a policy that addresses that social problem.
In Part 2 of your ongoing Wiki assignment, you identify a policy created and implemented to address the problem you described in Part 1 of your Group Wiki.
Policy: The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA)
Address the following items within your group’s Wiki page for Part 2:
· Who supports and who opposes the policy?
· What changes/amendments have been made to the policy?
***Needs to be 1 1/2 pages or more in length***
References use (2 or more)