Guidelines for the Field Experience Requirement
You must “attend” at least 4 policy events, at least approximately 1
hour in length. Attendance of at least one of these events must be
Up to 3 of the 4 events may be online and they must have a health
policy focus. Online health policy events/ webinars will be posted from
which you may choose. In addition, you may identify your own online
policy events, but please check with your instructor to make sure the
events you choose are eligible for field hours.
In-person events must be health-related. For example, an example of
in-person event would be attendance at a local board of health meeting, a
local school-board meeting, a legislative hearing or meeting, a meeting
by an executive branch agency that falls under your governor, a meeting
by advocacy organization or special interest group, or a meetings of a
political party, political group, or candidate.
- At each event, take notes, and then write up an account and
analysis of each event, using the template for field experience logs
(below), and the Field Experience Rubric posted on Moodle.
- You are required to complete and post a field event report assignment every other week, in Weeks 02, 04, 06, and 08.
Field Log Guidelines
As a way of demonstrating completion of this course requirement, you
must submit, in writing, field logs that detail certain aspects of the
event. The template for field experience logs is below.
- Each event log should be three to five double-spaced pages of text.
- Provide only a brief summary of the event itself.
- The analysis section should be 550 to 800 words, and be the most
developed component of the report. In the analysis section, you can
write about the process of policy being made at this event, and/or you
can write about the actual health policy issue being
- Your analysis should reference at least two sources. They can be
from the learning materials in this course or other sources, but should
be current (within the last 3 months).
- Use APA format for citations and references.
- Examples of logs are posted on Moodle.
Template for Field Experience Logs
- The name of the event/meeting and who has sponsored it.
- Describe the steps taken in preparation for the event (beyond listening or attending the event).
- Place, date, time, and length of hearing/meeting/event.
- Topic under discussion.
- Names of participants and their titles (to the extent you can get them).
- Brief description of the testimony/meeting/event. (If more than one issue is presented, discuss a sampling of issues.)
- Analysis of the health policy issue and its implications for
healthcare. Integrate course content and readings in your analysis. This
section should be approximately 500 to 750 words.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"