Option #2: The U.S. Healthcare System: Analysis of a Healthcare Sector Presentation
Your portfolio assignment focuses on a specific sector of healthcare and its relation to the current U.S. healthcare system. Choose one of the healthcare sectors listed below for your portfolio assignment:
- Long-Term Care
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Ambulatory Care
- For-Profit/Public Healthcare
Create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation where you address the following:
- Describe the sector’s historical development and current role in healthcare delivery.
- Explain how the political influence in the U.S. healthcare system impacts how this sector provides healthcare to specific communities.
- Evaluate how quality, safety, and competition within this healthcare sector impact patient care.
- Examine what major challenges exist for this sector over the next decade from healthcare reform and other factors. Discuss a minimum of three challenges and offer your recommendations on how healthcare leaders and administrators can manage them.
- Provide a conclusion summary of your findings and of the project experience.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Be 10 to 12 slides in length, not including the title or reference slides.
- Be formatted for a formal presentation including headings per slide and major points per slide
- Speaker and presentation notes, or embedded audio to supplement each slide provided as if you were doing the actual presentation are required.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- Cite at least eight scholarly references. Four of these references must be from outside sources and should be from peer-reviewed or quality academic sources, the other four may be from course readings, lectures, and textbooks. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Include citations to support the statements made and for each of the references listed on your reference slide(s).
Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work:
- Historical Development and Current Role in Healthcare Delivery
- Political Influence
- Quality, Safety, and Competition
- Future Challenges and Issues
Submit the project as a PowerPoint file or link to the presentation if hosted on another site (such as YouTube). A link to the online presentation can be put into a Word document and submitted. Do not submit the presentation as a .pdf file. Your instructor is unable to see the presentation notes when submitted as a .pdf file.
I already chose Mental and Behavioral Health. Please work on this topic.
The list below is from course readings if you need to use them as references.
- Adams, L. V., Wagner, C. M., Nutt, C. T., & Binagwaho, A. (2016). The future of global health education: Training for equity in global health. BMC Medical Education, 16(1), 296. Retrieved from https://bmcmededuc.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12909-016-0820-0
- Bekelman, J.E. et al. (2016). Comparison of site of death, health care utilization, and hospital expenditures for patients dying with cancer in 7 developed countries. JAMA Network, 315(3), 272-283. doi:10.1001/jama.2015.18603. Retrieved from http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2482325
- The Commonwealth Fund. (2015). U.S. healthcare from a global perspective. Retrieved from http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/oct/us-health-care-from-a-global-perspective
- Moses, H., Matheson, D. H., Cairns-Smith, S., George, B. P., Palisch, C., & Dorsey, E. R. (2015). The anatomy of medical research: US and international comparisons. Jama, 313(2), 174-189.
- World Health Organization. (2015). World health statistics 2015. Retrieved from: http://www.who.int/gho/publications/world_health_statistics/2015/en/
- Review the information provided by the World Health Association (WHO) regarding similarities and differences in healthcare systems and goals worldwide:
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.