Topic: Training: Theory, Program Design, and Evaluation
This second part of the assignment allows you to further explore the key points that are included in a research study. You will look at the methodology to be used, identify sample size, sources of your data, discuss how the data is to be analyzed, and what you expect to find with your study. Use the 10 Key Strategic Points template to help inform the required assignment details.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Write a paper of 2,000-2,250 words in which you address the following issues:
1. Industrial/Organizational Psychology: Understanding the Workplace
Read Chapter 8.
1. DC Network
Use the 10 Key Strategic Points template found under the Research/Dissertation tab.
1. Advances in Leader and Leadership Development: A Review of 25 Years of Research and Theory.
Day, D. V., Fleenor, J. W., Atwater, L. E., Sturm, R. E., & McKee, R. A. (2014). Advances in leader and leadership development: A review of 25 years of research and theory. The Leadership Quarterly, 25, 63–82.
2. Application of Cognitive, Skill-Based, and Affective Theories of Learning Outcomes to New Methods of Training Evaluation.
Kraiger, K., Ford, J. K., & Salas, E. (1993). Application of cognitive, skill-based, and affective theories of learning outcomes to new methods of training evaluation.Journal of Applied Psychology, 78(2), 311-328.
3. SAGE Research Methods
Use Sage Research Methods to research potential resources to develop the theoretical foundations for your paper.
4. The Evaluation of Two Key Leadership Development Program Components: Leadership Skills Assessment and Leadership Mentoring
Solansky, S. T. (2010). The evaluation of two key leadership development program components: Leadership skills assessment and leadership mentoring. The Leadership Quarterly, 21(4), 675–681.
5. Transfer of Leadership Skills: The Influence of Motivation to Transfer and Organizational Support in Managerial Training.
Franke, F., & Felfe, J. (2012). Transfer of leadership skills: The influence of motivation to transfer and organizational support in managerial training. Journal of Personnel Psychology, 11(4), 138–147.
6. Transfer of Training: A Meta-Analytic Review.
Blume, B. D., Ford, J. K., Baldwin, T. T., & Huang, J. L. (2010). Transfer of training: A meta-analytic review. Journal of Management, 36, 1065–1105.