Diversity in the News
Project Description & purpose:
You will research a current events news article which you will read your new â€œdiversity lensesâ€. After reading the article, you will examine it for specific examples that illustrate key concepts that have been taught in class. As a result, you can begin to apply what you have learned to what you see happening in U.S society.
Article Analysis Paper Guidelines:
- Choose a dominant group you are part of and choose your article from matching target group perspective. For instance, if you are a member of the dominant group of Christianity, your article will need to about a non-Christian religious group experience.
- Articles must be a minimum of 2 pages in length.
- Your news articles sources can be found in newspapers or magazines(web).
- The article publication has to be current within 2 years (2017 to present)
- Paper must be double spaced with 12-point font in times roman.
Key concepts to identify in your news article:
- Examples of discrimination, prejudice, and stereotyping. Identify whether these are individual, institutional or structural.
- Examples of stages in the Cycle of Socialization.
- Examples of dominant group privilege and the resulting target group oppression (the â€œismsâ€).
- What do you think should be done to remedy the situation described in your article?
Component 1-Article Analysis Paper:
A 3-page review/analysis of your assigned current events article should include the following:
- Summarize the article: what happened, who was involved, where, etc.
- Include and identify a minimum of 3 key concepts from class.
- Include relevant thoughts, feeling and reflections you had when you were reading the article and writing your paper.
- How did this event or topic affect you, personally?
- Do you agree or disagree with the author? surprises
- What can be done or how can you use your privilege to impact this â€œismâ€?
- Be as thorough as you can be (dive deeper), using specific examples from class discussions or relevant personal experience.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.