Purpose of this assignment: to evaluate the published results of a study in terms of whether the research purpose was accomplished or the answers to all research questions (or specific aims) obtained as well as to evaluate whether the investigators
Read El-Jawahri et al. (2010). To accomplish this assignment, review pp. 684-688 (Polit & Beck, 2012) or pp68-684, Polit & Beck, 2017).
1. List the three study hypotheses. Discuss the appropriateness of the statistical analysis used to test each hypothesis. Mention the levels of measurement of key variables, and adequacy of the authors’ description of their data analysis (usually in the Methods section of the article).
2. How did the investigators organize the results section of their paper? Did this make sense to you? If the flow of the results section was not good for you, make suggestions for better flow (organization).
- How did the investigators address baseline equivalence of participants in the two groups (in the results section and in any figures or tables)? Be sure to discuss statistical analysis.
- Discuss the clarity of the investigators’ findings for each of the three hypotheses?
- How clear and helpful were any tables and figures to your understanding of the results? Specifically discuss at least one table in terms of how it assisted your interpretation of results of one research aim or question.
- What purpose did the section labeled “Comfort with the Video” serve for the reader?
- Is the interpretation of results/discussion accurate and consistent with data reported, while avoiding “overreaching”?
- How well did the investigators discuss the clinical and/or theoretical utility of their results? Would you consider using the video in your practice based upon the study results? Support your answer.
- How clear is the presentation of the study? Is the writing style appropriate to scientific conventions (IMRAD style)?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.