Listen to “Gretchen am Spinnrade” several times before beginning this exercise (make sure you look at the text and translation). Then prepare answers for the questions.
QUESTIONS: ( 300 WORDS EACH)
- Why does Schubert repeat the beginning of the song at the end?
- Describe how difference in mood between the first stanza (“Meine ruh is hin . . .” and the fourth (“Sein hoher gang . . .”).
- Identify the musical element or elements that emphasize this difference of mood?
- What would you identify as the most dramatic moment in the song? Where is it? (Identify the word in the text where the moment occurs, not the time indication.) What musical elements does Schubert employ in order to heighten the drama of this moment?
- What is the form of this song, and what might account for Schubert’s choice to set the poem with this form?
TEXT AND TRANSLATION
https://sites.google.com/site/edwardlein/Home/translations/schubert-goethe-gretchen-am-spinnrade (Links to an external site.)
YOUTUBE LINK TO SONG
Schubert: Gretchen am spinnrade”, op.2, D.118 – Te Kanawa (Links to an external site.)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.