250 words per question. 3 APA CITED REFERNCES. No Plagerism!!!
1.How does life experience contribute to “perception” discussed in chapter five on pages 181-187?
2.Consider this statement “Helen Keller, who was both blind and deaf was asked which disability affected her the most, she replied that blindness separated her from things, while deafness separated her from people” (Cacioppo and Freberg, 2013, p. 209). As people age, hearing loss is a normal developmental change.
1. How does loss of hearing relate to loss of relationships?
2. What do you think?
3. Does this create a new sense of empathy in the aging process?
3. Ackerman (1990) stated, “Infants who are touched regularly sleep better, remain more alert while awake, and reach cognitive milestones at earlier ages (Cacioppo & Freberg, 2013, p. 219).
1. Why is touch important in the human experience?
2. Does this provide clarity on how nurture and nature interplay?
4. Zuscho (1983) stated, “People who have lost their sense of smell due to head injury often experience profound depression” (Cacioppo & Freberg, 2013, p. 223). This in opposition to Immanuel Kant’s position on smell.
Why do you think this occurs?