The purpose of this assignment is for learners to:
- Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
- Demonstrate an advancing understanding of the political landscape of APN practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze the literature and be able to disseminate the information orally.
- Demonstrate and practice professional communication and leadership, while advancing the education of peers.
- Analyze the development of advanced practice nursing roles from a
historical perspective including the impact of advanced practice
nursing on the healthcare delivery system from the perspective of
selected current reports (i.e. LACE, IOM, etc.)
- Critically analyze how healthcare systems and APN practice are
organized and influenced by ethical, legal, economic and political
For Week 7, there is no case study given to you by the faculty.
Instead, you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates
your understanding of LACE principles and their influence on APN
practice. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via
Address the following Topics/Questions:
- How do licensure, accreditation, certification, and education
(LACE) considerations differ for all four APN clinical roles (CNP, CNW,
CRNA, CNS) for these three states: California, Washington, and
Illinois? Provide evidence for your response.
- Discuss what evidence-based strategies should be implemented to
achieve continuity between state regulatory boards? Provide evidence
for your response.
- Is independent NP practice allowed in your state (FLORIDA)? Discuss your opinion regarding independent NP practice in your state (FLORIDA). Should NPs be allowed to practice independently? Provide evidence for your response.
Presentation Guidelines :
- The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation which will be recorded via Kaltura.
- Students should create the PowerPoint presentation offline and then open it for use during the Kaltura recording.
- Students must practice/recording the presentation more than once
to allow for practice and mastery of the content and presentation
style. The final presentation of the Kaltura recording should be
submitted only. Do not use PowerPoint to record the presentation.
- Students should review their presentation for clarity in audio and
sound as well as clarity in the information presented. Students should
be professionally dressed in business casual attire for the
presentation with/without a lab coat. Scrubs, sweats, denim, yoga
pants, and athletic wear are not considered business casual. Student’s
face must be visible via the webcam during the presentation.
- The presentation should be approximately 15-20 minutes in recorded
length. It will vary from student to student but should adequately
address the material.
- The presentation should contain appropriate scholarly evidence
to support the information presented per APA format. Use in-text
references and have a reference list at the end of the presentation.
- PowerPoint slides should be used as cues to topics and key
concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs- reading information
from slides is not professional and therefore not acceptable.
- A professional presentation includes an introduction both of
yourself and of the topic, the touch points of information you’re going
to discuss as well as a conclusion.
- Students may use any type and size font that works for their
presentation. Slides should include bullet points you intend to cover,
4-5 bullet points per slide. The bullet points should be expanded upon
with oral information. Direct quotes and paragraphs are discouraged.
Speaker notes may be included in the presentation or used by the
presenter as a side-reference.
- The student’s oral presentation should demonstrate a clear
understanding of all concepts along with specific examples to represent
The presentation must be recorded using Kaltura.
Please refer to the “How to use Kaltura” recording below. If you have
technical issues, please contact your faculty or Tech Support. Make sure you click on the Screen & Webcam box to record in Kaltura.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"