1. After watching the video, The World Is Flat, discuss whether or not you agree with Friedman’s assessment that the world is flat. While there is no correct answer to this question, you must justify your point of view.
2. After viewing the article Top Cloud Security Fears and How the C-Suite is Tackling Them from CIO.com, think about the types of security issues that you may have witnessed at your own companies.
3. After reading the article from CIO.com, think about what business intelligence really means to a business and comment on the following:
4. After watching the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eoEoaev9BI SFGTV Customer Relationship Management CRM San Francisco, brainstorm ways in which a city government can use a software application – specifically CRM – to help its citizens? What would you personally like to see implemented in the city in which you live?
5. Innovation, new ideas and new technology are exciting. It is currently estimates that everything we know technically will represent 1% of all technology in 2050. Search the Internet for the most exciting forms of innovation that is going to hit our market and change our lives over the next ten years. Post your findings and answer the following: How will this innovation change our lives? Do you believe this innovation is sustainable in the short-term? In the long-term?
Future Innovation Example: Computers that offer smells – click on the perfume and the scent permeates from your computer. You no longer need to go to the store to see if you like it.
6. Using what you have learned about the different departments in a company and why they must work together to achieve success, explain in a one page summary, how Apple achieved business success through the use of information, information technology and people. Including at least one citation of any resources used.
No plagiarism please!