Please choose the answer that most closely resembles the information you found in Foner. There is only one correct answer for each question.
Please read the textbook chapter 23 before you begin the six questions.
1. How did President Truman characterize the Cold War in his “Truman Doctrine” speech of March 1947?
2. How did journalist Walter Lippmann criticize the Truman Doctrine?
3. How did Congress respond to the great strike wave of 1946?
4. Which of the following factors led to a shrunken Democratic Party in 1948?
5. What happened to the Hollywood Ten, members of the Hollywood movie community who refused to testify against others in front of the House Un-American Activities Committee?
6. How did the NAACP respond to McCarthyism?