Answer the following with at least two paragraph each (question numbers are BOLD:
1. Please explain, what recommendations would you make to improve the effectiveness of today’s corporate strategic decisions?
Please explain, since small companies typically have between 1 to 100 employees, should all small companies have business strategies? Why or why not?
Please explain, what is competitive intensity and how can a corporation use this information for competitive positioning?
Please explain, what makes the strategy formulation process unique from other decision that the organization makes on a daily basis? What would happen if the organization only made daily decisions that were not tied to strategic decisions? Please provide supporting examples.
Please explain, why is it important for a corporation’s structure to follow strategy? How can a corporation use its
Answer the following with at least one paragraph each (question numbers are BOLD:
1. In what ways can technology be used as a business strategy for publishers?
2. Explain, does technology really mean computers? How in regards to publishing companies?
3. Explain, is there a greater definition associated with technology?
4. Using Danone: Strategy Implementation in an International Food and Beverage Company” on page 727-744 please answer the following:
5. Read the following information and discuss, “How can a corporation keep from sliding into the Decline stage of the organizational life cycle?” Use examples from “The Icarus Paradox: Trajectories of Decline”.
The Icarus Paradox: Trajectories of Decline
In The Icarus Paradox, Miller proposes that companies go into decline because the very characteristics that helped make them successful tend to be taken to extremes over time and eventually cause a decrease in performance. A successful firm develops a theme based on a mission and a mutually supportive configuration composed of strategies, policies, structure, and culture. Success creates momentum, causing organizations to keep extending their theme and configuration until they push too far and eventually start to decline. Based on studying over 100 companies, Miller found four very common “trajectories” of decline.
6. What are some of the key attributing variables that are causing a managers role to change?
7. Could the factors of change be related to: New technology, new workers in the work force, Team environment and remote teams?
8. What management framework would you use to keep pace of the changing role? Please be sure to explain why.