Write a 1,050-word essay in which you describe the study based on the major headings used in the article. Make sure your essay includes answers to these questions:
* What is a literature review? What does it do?
* What are the main concepts in this study? How are they defined? Why is it important for a theorist to define concepts?
* How many hypotheses are there? What do they predict?
* Where does the Research Methodology appear in the study?
*How many cases or subjects were there in the study?
*How did the authors test their hypotheses (i.e., What type of research design was used)?
*How many hypotheses were supported by the data? Which ones?
* Where are the “conclusions” given in the research paper? What were the authors’ conclusions?
(You will likely be baffled by the statistical analyses used on the data collected by the researchers unless you have had a few courses in statistics. You can skip this section of the study.)
Finally, analyze what you learned about the study and writing research reports. Based on what you have read in our course content, was this a good study? For example, was it well designed? Why or why not? Did this study contribute to our knowledge on this topic area? Why was it published? Make sure to support all your claims with directly quoted, summarized and paraphrased material from your course resources that you have properly cited with APA-style in-text citations and end-of-text references.
Research Study Analysis Rubric