Use the Capella library and the Internet to research change theory, leadership, and communication strategies. Use the Suggested Resources to research leadership and communication concepts and change theory.
- The challenge in this assessment is to create a response plan for several intervention scenarios.
- There are three deliverables required for this assessment.
Rationale for this assessment:
Nurse leaders solve problems or resolve conflict on a daily basis. Understanding how change theory can be applied to a situation and examining various types of interventions in advance can relieve pressure on the nurse leader and improve the workplace environment and outcomes. Rehearsing potential interventions provides a mental toolkit on which to rely during stressful times.
Your management training workshop continues:
The second day of HR’s Nursing Leadership Workshop is designed to help you identify and practice effective responses and interventions to common problems and situations. Participants are presented with three scenarios and must create a response plan for each scenario, in the form of a 1–2 page outline.
Deliverables: Submit three Response Plans to complete this assessment.
- Choose 3 of the 5 Intervention Scenarios linked in the Required Resources for this assessment.
- For each scenario you choose, develop a separate Response Plan in the form of a 1–2 page outline.
- Label each outline using the example below:
- Example: Response Plan for School Nurse.
Analyze each Intervention Scenario and describe the leadership, communication, and management strategies you believe would be most effective for each situation.
Use the following subheadings to organize your Response Plan outline for each situation.
- Change Theory: Explain concepts of change theory and how it can be used as a tool to manage situations.
- Identify elements of change theory that fit best with the scenario.
- How can you use change theory to deal with conflict?
- Strategies and Rationale: Describe an effective leadership style you would employ to address a problem.
- Explain the rationale for choosing a leadership strategy to solve a problem.
- Identify interventions to address the problem.
- Expected Outcome: Describe how outcomes or success of the style selected for each situation could be measured.
- Describe how you could determine improved outcomes or measure success of the leadership style selected for each situation.
- What might go wrong and how would you deal with that?
- Professional Standards: Explain how professional and legal standards guide the effective nurse leader when making decisions.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: Each outline should be 1–2 pages double-spaced.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of three peer-reviewed resources
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing each assessment. They provide helpful information about the topics in this unit. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided below to view the following multimedia pieces:
- | .
- This Riverbend City interactive media activity explains how to navigate a series of nursing simulations. Each time you are in a Riverbend City scenario, you are on a mission. A mission is a group of scenes that relate to a particular scenario.
- | .
The following resources are provided for you in the Capella University Library and are linked directly in this course. These articles contain content relevant to the topics and assessments that are the focus of this unit.
- Lartey, S., Cummings, G., & Profetto-McGrath, J. (2014). . Journal of Nursing Management, 22(8), 1027–1041.
- Müller, C., Plewnia, A., Becker, S., Rundel, M., Zimmermann, L., & Körner, M. (2015). . BMC Medical Education, 15(135), 1–16.
- Eubank, D. (2012). . Families, Systems & Health, 30(4), 352–353.
- Hickey, M., Kritek, P. B. (2012). . New York: Springer.
- Grol, R., Wensing, M., Eccles, M., & Davis, D. (Eds.). (2013). (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley && Sons.
- Pilon, B. A., Ketel, C., Davidson, H. A., Gentry, C. K., Crutcher, T. D., Scott, A. W., . . . Rosenbloom, S. T. (2015). . Journal of Professional Nursing, 31(4), 340–350.
- Disch, J. (2013). . Nursing Outlook, 61(1), 3–4.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the to help direct your research.
Access the following resource by clicking the link provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permission for the following link has been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
The resource listed below is relevant to the topics and assessments in this course. Unless noted otherwise, this material is available for purchase from the . When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific –FP (FlexPath) course designation.
- Kelly, P., & Tazbir, J. (2014). Essentials of nursing leadership and management (3rd ed.). Clifton Park, NY: Delmar.
- Chapter 4.
- Chapter 6.
- Chapters 14–15.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.