Please select any nursing research article from any one of the scientific journals found in the Nursing-Related Databases and Journals list. Select an article from an area that you are interested in or from the field you are working in. Using the article selected, construct a critique of the article, 6 to 10 pages (including cover page and references).
The critique should
- identify the problem statement or statement of purpose of the article
- describe the participants being studied, stating inclusion and exclusion criteria
- discuss the sampling issues, such as probability or nonprobability and number of subjects used
- identify the study settingâ€”where data collection occurred
- discuss informed consentâ€”whether the participants were fully informed, how their consent was obtained, and any other ethical considerations
- identify the hypothesis or research question
- identify the research designâ€”for example, experimental or nonexperimental; descriptive, exploratory, explanatory, or predictive?
- identify research variables, both independent and dependent
- comment the on articleâ€™s literature reviewâ€”how the study data were analyzed (what statistical measures were used)
- describe the results of the study and appropriateness of the methods used; include study limitations
- accurately critique comments on level of evidence used, nursing theory, and implications for nursing practice or research
- discuss how the research findings can be applied to the clinical area
The following resources, in the week 4 Learning Resources section of the LEO classroom, will provide helpful guidelines for constructing a critique of a nursing research article.
- Vance, D. E., Talley, M., Azuero, A., Pearce, P. F., & Christian, B. J. (2013). Conducting an article critique for a quantitative research study: perspectives for doctoral students and other novice readers. Nursing: Research and Reviews, 3: 67â€“75.
- Cronin, P., Ryan, F., & Coughlan, M. (2008). Undertaking a literature review: a step-by-step approach. British Journal of Nursing, 17(1): 38-43.
The Learning Resources page lists resources that provide several guidelines for constructing a critique of a nursing research article you may find helpful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your instructor.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.