In your evaluations, it may be useful to think about answering one question…why? In other words, if supporting material is “good”… Why is it good? I will be looking for specific examples of strengths and areas for improvement.
The following areas of evaluation should be used to more effectively focus your comments:
- Who is the speaker? What position does the speaker hold?
- What are the circumstances of the speech? (Time, place, date, situation, etc.)
- Who is in the audience?
- What is the thesis of the speech?
TOPIC SELECTION AND AUDIENCE ANALYSIS
- Was the topic suitable for the audience and occasion? Why or why not?
- How did the speaker adapt material to the specific needs of the audience? Comment on the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the speaker’s adaptations.
- How did the speaker relate to the audience?
CONTENT AND ORGANIZATION
- How much did the speaker know and understand about his/her topic? How did that affect the speaker’s effectiveness?
- Was the speech goal clear, and was it met? Why or why not?
- How did the pattern of organization impact the ability of the speaker to meet the goals of the speech?
- Why do you suppose this was the case?
- How did the speaker use eye contact to maximize the effectiveness of the speech?
- How did the speaker sound? Was the speaker enthusiastic and interested in the topic? How did this affect your perception of the speech?
- How did the use (or non use) of notes impact the overall effectiveness of the speech?
- How did the preparation and confidence of the speaker enhance (or deter) the effectiveness of the speech?
- Comment on the speaker’s effect on you as a listener.
- What is your overall impression of the speech?
- Was the speech effective? Why or why not?
The example file as follow.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.