The Case of Marisol
Marisol is a 40-year old single female from a tight knit Puerto Rican family. She is employed full time as a data analyst for a technology company. She has steadily progressed in her career by working for relatively small companies where her role allowed her to work relatively independently. Unfortunately, working for small organizations was less stable financially so she has been working for a larger company for the past four years. Interacting with a larger work group has challenged her comfort zone. She prefers to spend time with a network of close friends she has known most of her life whom she visits with one on one. Her family lives in the area, and she sees them frequently. Her parents and older brother have always provided a support system and practical help. She enjoys quiet evenings alone or at the home of her brother and his family. Her friends and family privately wonder why she’s never dated or wanted to travel.
For each case study, you will complete a descriptive diagnosis using tools you select from the list of assessment tools provided later in the assignment. Each case requires the following information to be addressed:
- Identify presenting concerns from the client’s perspective as described in the video and accompanying narrative. Include relevant cultural and systemic considerations that frame the client’s presentation.
- Describe what information is still needed to make a differential diagnosis and evaluate how at least one assessment tool, which is listed in the List of Assessment Tools resource, will aid in obtaining that information. The Differential Diagnosis Decision Tree may be helpful to guide this process.
- Present DSM-5 and ICD-10 codes, including relevant V and Z codes.
- Provide a descriptive rationale for the DSM diagnosis that best fits the information provided including relevant ICD codes. This should be written in a narrative form using complete sentences. Support your rationale with scholarly sources. Optional readings found in the course syllabus may be particularly relevant.
- Determine if a medication consultation is appropriate and provide a rationale with support from scholarly sources.
LIST OF ASSESSMENT TOOLS AND SUPPORTING RESOURCES
- Beck, A. T., Epstein, N., Brown, G., & Steer, R. (1988). Beck Anxiety Inventory. Psyctests, doi:10.1037/t02025-000
- Bardhoshi, G., Duncan, K., & Erford, B. T. (2016). Psychometric metaâanalysis of the English version of the Beck Anxiety Inventory. Journal of Counseling & Development, 94(3), 356–373.
- Review this source to review how to interpret the Beck Anxiety Inventory.
- Derogatis, L. R. (1977). Symptom checklist-90–revised. Psyctests, doi:10.1037/t01210-000
- Grande, T. L., Newmeyer, M. D., Underwood, L. A., & Williams, C. R. (2014). Path analysis of the SCL-90-R: Exploring use in outpatient assessment. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 47(4), 271–290.
- Review this source to review how to interpret the SCL-90-R.
- Prevatt, F., Dehili, V., Taylor, N., & Marshall, D. (2015). Anxiety Symptom Checklist. Psyctests, doi:10.1037/t39906-000
- Beck Depression Inventory–II
- Erford, B. T., Johnson, E., & Bardoshi, G. (2016). Meta-analysis of the English version of the Beck Depression Inventory–Second edition. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 49(1), 3–33.
- This resource will help you use the Beck Depression Inventory-II if you access that assessment tool.
- Written communication: Written communication must be grammatically correct and free of errors that detract from the overall message. Writing should be consistent with graduate level scholarship.
- APA formatting: Title page, main body, and references should be formatted according to the current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of six scholarly resources. Distinguished submissions typically exceed this minimum.
- Length of paper: 5–7 typed double-spaced pages. Abstract and Table of Content pages are not necessary.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.