The purpose of this assignment is for students to develop a personal philosophy of nursing. Using the Jacksonville University School of Nursing (JUSON) philosophy as a framework, students will analyze their own thoughts on nursing. Various nursing theories should also be incorporated into the student’s personal philosophy of nursing. The expectation is that the student will identify key concepts that guide their practice and identify at least one nursing theory that will serve as a framework for their own philosophy. Sources outside the textbook and JUSON should be included in this paper. The paper should be three to four pages, double-spaced, 12 point font, one-inch margins, and follow APA guidelines for grammar, format, and citations.
Second Paper: Personal Philosophy Paper
• Title Page in correct APA format
• Introduction Paragraph where you should introduce your philosophy
• General length should be about 3-5 pages of text (does not include title and reference page)
• In the paper, I want you to address the following: consideration of JUSON philosophy, Key concepts/guiding principles identified with application to the student’s own practice, look at and analyze at least one nursing theory and how it relates to the student’s philosophy
• Conclusion paragraph
• Reference Page – correct APA Format, should use at least 3 different references and they should be professional references (not something like: www.iamanurse.com)
• No more than 3 quotes in the paper: if you are using more than 3 quotes, you are using too much of someone else’s words and not enough of your own words. Use paraphrasing instead.
• Correct APA format throughout the paper
Below you will find the guidelines for your philosophy of Nursing paper which is due at the end of week 4. You need to follow APA Format, writing in formal language style, and put together a concise paper that tells your reader what your philosophy of nursing is all about.
You can use quotations, but try to keep them at a minimum. The paper is worth a total of 110 points.
The purpose of this assignment is for you to develop a personal philosophy of nursing. Using the Jacksonville University School of Nursing (JUSON) philosophy as a framework, you will analyze your own thoughts on nursing. Various nursing theories should also be incorporated into your personal philosophy of nursing.