The SCR Associates case study is a Web-based simulation that allows you to practice your skills in a realworld environment. The firm offers IT consulting, solutions, and training. SCR plans to open a new hightech training center, and needs to develop a Training Information Management System (TIMS) to support the center. You are a newly hired systems analyst reporting to Jesse Baker, systems group manager, and will help her develop the system. The case study takes you to the SCR Web site, where you receive e-mail and voice mail messages from Jesse, obtain information from SCR's resource libraries, and perform various tasks. Jesse. has high standards, but seems very fair. She made it clear that she expects your work to be accurate, thorough, and professional.
Before You Begin
To prepare for this work session, you should review the following topics:
• Overview of systems analysis and design
• Role of the systems analyst and the IT department
How Do I Use the Online Case Simulation?
• Read the preview, and review the Chapter 1 background material, if necessary.
• Visit the MIS CourseMate web site at www.cengagebrain.com, locate the SCR Case Simulation, and click the intranet link. Enter your name and the password sad10e.
• When the opening screen displays, select this session. T hen check your e-mail and voice mail, and start to work on your task list.
Preview: Session I
This is your second day at SCR. You spent most of yesterday filling our forms and learning your way around. You have a meeting this afternoon with Jesse Baker, your supervisor, so you have time to explore the SCR web site. As you navigate the site, you are impressed with SCR's history, purpose, and values. You also see the strong emphasis that SCR puts on its relationships with clients. You are sure this will be a great opportunity, and you are eager to get starred.