Our self-concept combines elements of our self-image and self-esteem, both of which are influenced by our experiences and cultural background. The range of concepts associated with â€œmasculineâ€ and â€œfeminineâ€ is as diverse as there are cultures and languages on our planet, and yet, because of our life experiences, we may find that the limited cultural expectations at home donâ€™t reflect who we really are. While English may use â€œheâ€ for male, and â€œsheâ€ for female, our diversity has so much more to offer than the either/or option.
This week, we consider the development of identity, your personal pronoun preferences, and the stereotypes and perceptions that surround the topic.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Read the Communication Program Discussion Guidelines.
- Read â€œChapter 2: Communication and Perceptionâ€ in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
- Review the content on the website MyPronouns.org in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
By Day 4
Post a response that addresses the following:
- Explain the biggest influence in the development of your identity and identify your own personal pronoun preferences.
- How can someoneâ€™s personal pronoun preferences affect peopleâ€™s perceptions of them?
- What role do stereotypes play? How can you help others to overcome these stereotypes?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.