This assignment contains four parts, as identified and described below. Please include four subheadings in your paper that clearly identifies each part. In a 1,500-1,750-word paper, include the following:
Part 1: Intake
Part 2: Biopsychosocial Assessment
Part 3: Treatment Planning
Part 4: Referral
Be sure to include three to five scholarly resources in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 1.6: Identify an appropriate testing instrument, explain how to administer the test, and interpret test results.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.5.j. Evidence-based counseling strategies and techniques for prevention and intervention.
5.C.2.b. Etiology, nomenclature, treatment, referral, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders.
5.C.2.d. Diagnostic process, including differential diagnosis and the use of current diagnostic classification systems, including the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD).
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
45) Match treatment activities and community resources with prioritized client needs, in a manner consistent with the client’s diagnosis and existing placement criteria.
52) Arrange referrals to other professionals, agencies, community programs, or other appropriate resources to meet client needs.
55) Evaluate the outcome of the referral.
56) Initiate collaboration with referral sources.
57) Obtain and interpret all relevant screening, assessment, and initial treatment planning information.
61) Coordinate all treatment activities with services provided to the client by other resources.
62) Summarize the client’s background, treatment plan, recovery progress, and problems inhibiting progress for the purpose of assuring quality of care, gaining feedback, and planning changes in the course of treatment.
78) Work with the client to establish realistic, achievable goals consistent with achieving and maintaining recovery.