Workplace Culture and Leadership
· Creating a collaborative, nurturing workplace culture is an important component in the delivery of quality healthcare. Personal styles of leadership play an integral role in the effectiveness of the team as a whole when developing congruency in evidence-based practices.
· Review the Resources, focusing on strategies for effective communication, managing difficult conversations, and creating a healthy workplace.
1. Briefly describe your identified leadership style and explain how it compares to the transformational style of leadership.
2. Explain how leaders in a healthcare organization contribute to a healthy workplace culture. Then, explain how your style of leadership could be leveraged to create a healthy workplace culture.
3. Finally, explain how leaders use transformational leadership to ensure congruency with the mission and values of the workplace environment.
Gokenbach, V., & Thomas, P. L. (2020). Maximizing human capital. In L. Roussel, P. L. Thomas, & J. L. Harris (Eds.), Management and leadership for nurse administrators (8th ed., 189–226). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Bell, N., Powell, C., & Sykes, P. (2015). Transformational leadership: Progressive managers that treat the workforce as a valued resource and use coaching skills to involve workers in planning and organization can transform the workplace. The Safety & Health Practitioner, 33(4), 30–32. ISSN: 0958-479X. Retrieved from https://www.tib.eu/en/search/id/olc%3A1956715908/Transformational-leadership-progressive-managers/
Boston-Fleischhauer, C., Herleth, A., & Langr, M. (2019). A call to action on point-of-care violence in hospitals and health systems. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 49(3), 116–117.
Fischer, S. A. (2016, July 26). Transformational leadership in nursing: A concept analysis. Retrieved from https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jan.13049
Perlo J., Balik B., Swensen S., Kabcenell A., Landsman J., Feeley D. (2017). IHI framework for improving joy in work. IHI White Paper. Cambridge, MA: Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/IHIWhitePapers/Framework-Improving-Joy-in-Work.aspx
Wolf, G. A. (2012). Transformational leadership. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 42(6), 309–310.