you will establish an academic and career plan to guide your future development. Please use the Unit 9 Assignment Template.
Address the following in your plan:
· Identify your intended concentration area (behavior analysis, addictions, forensic psychology, general psychology, or industrial/organizational).
· Briefly provide an overview of the field as you understand it.
· Review the following degree plans, 2016 Graduate Psychology Degree Plans. Reproduce your selected degree plan in your Assignment. Include the specific core and specialization courses that you will complete, practicum options and/or requirements, and whether you will take comprehensive exams or the thesis option.
· Provide an overview of your understanding of the licensure and/or credentialing required for your chosen profession.
· Discuss what specific licensure and/or credentialing is required. If no licensure and/or credentialing is required for your chosen profession, provide information that substantiates this finding. If no licensure and/or credentialing are required at the master’s level, research and discuss what licensure and/or credentialing are required at the doctoral level.
· Identify the governing body(ies) who oversees licensure and/or credentialing for your chosen profession. Provide direct web addresses for any governing bodies.
NOTE: After the references section, provide a full copy of the licensure or credentialing requirements and the URL for the resource containing this information.
· Discuss the specific steps and requirements that will lead to licensure and/or credentialing in your specific state and at the national level. Include education and degree requirements, accreditation, exams, internships, fees, and other requirements at the state and national levels.
· Discuss any areas required for licensure and/or credentialing that are not addressed through your master’s degree plan.
· Discuss specific career goals. Where do you see yourself professionally in 3 years, 5 years, and 10 years?
· What licensure and/or credentialing, or further education will you need to be able to meet your career goals?
· Discuss one or more areas of deficiency that you may need to address or overcome to reach your career goals. Examples of deficiencies included limitations in training, education, skills, access to resources, opportunities, and/or personal attributes. Provide an organized, well developed plan for addressing each area of deficiency that you identify.
· Discuss how you will use the Career Center resources to reach your career goals.
· Discuss how you will use other PG resources, such as the Writing Center, to support your academic success.
· Discuss how you will use external resources, such as professional societies and mentors, to support your academic and career success.
Writing Requirements and Assignment Guidelines
Your Assignment should be an 8-9-page essay, not including the Title and Reference pages, and should include the following elements:
· Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
· Body: Answer the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
· The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
· Reference Page: Sources in APA format
· Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced
· Use 6th Edition APA Formatting and Citation style
|Grading Criteria||Points||Points Earned|
|PART I – Degree Plan|
|Student clearly states which program specialization track (i.e. General Psychology, ABA, Addictions, I/O, Forensics) they have enrolled in. ABA and I/O students state if they have chosen a non-practicum OR practicum track. Addictions students state that they are in practicum track. General Psychology and Forensic Psychology students must state that they do not have a practicum course in their degree plan. Student states whether they have chosen the comprehensive exam track OR the thesis track.||0 – 5|
|Student accessed the linked degree plan document and chooses the appropriate degree plan based on the answers above. A copy of the degree plan is in the paper. Note: A copy of your degree plan is required in the paper, but a citation is not required||0 – 10|
|PART II – Licensing and Credentialing Plan|
|Student provides an accurate overview of the licensure and/or credentialing required for their chosen profession. If no licensure and/or credentialing is required for their chosen profession, the student provides substantive support for this finding.||0-10|
|Student accesses and provides the web address for their state of residence government licensing body. Student accesses and provides the web address for the national credentialing organization for their chosen profession. If there is not a national credentialing organization for their chosen profession, this finding is to be reported and supported.||0 – 5|
|Specifically outlines the required steps to receive licensure and/or credentialing for chosen profession. Student will need to specifically outline and discuss – educational requirements; number of supervised hours required, specific information of how these hours are obtained and who can supervise the hours; exams; and any other requirements stated in the government regulations. At the close of your paper (after the reference page), student must copy/paste the requirements from the licensure and/or credentialing website(s) for review. Ensure that you do this for both state licensure and/or national credentialing for your chosen profession. A state license is administered by your state of residence. A national credential is administered by a national credentialing agency such as the BACB or NAADAC. If you are not required to gain a state licensure for your chosen profession, you must state this and document support of this statement by discussing the information and source of this finding. If the student is not required to gain a national credential for your chosen profession, you must state this and document support of this statement by discussing the information and source of this finding. Note: Provide a copy of the licensure or credentialing requirements at the close of your paper, after the References page.||0 – 30|
|PART III – Career Plan|
|Student clearly states their professional and career goals upon graduation.||0-15|
|Student discusses their professional and career goals and plans in 3 years out, 5 years out, and 10 years out.||0-15|
|Student reviews the Career Center Resources and provides a discussion about how they will utilize these resources throughout their program.||0-15|
|Student provides an overview of resources outside of the university that they will use to support their professional and career plan.||0-15|
|Style and Mechanics: Clear and logical organization; paragraphs and sentences are well developed. Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Meets length requirements.||0-15|
|APA Style: Formatted correctly using APA style. Provides references to support conclusions. Paraphrased correctly and accurately; direct quotes used minimally.||0-15|
|An explanation of the points earned, as well as where the assignment could be strengthened will be included with your grade.|